- Mary: Have you seen that new film with Eva Mendes?
Janet: Yes, it’s horrible. Don’t you agree?
Janet: Yes, me too. That’s why I was so disappointed with this one.
- Susan: What’s that dance you are doing called?
Claire: It is the Mambo.
Claire: Sure, just get up and follow the movements of my feet.
- Lisa: How is your new washing machine?
Lisa: That’s good news; I was afraid it wasn’t going to work.
Jennifer: So was I, but I think we got lucky this time.
- Jenny: What is that awful smell?
Susan: Oh no! It must be the washing machine.
Susan: Quick, unplug it before it blows up!
- A: So what did the mechanic say about the starter motor?
B: He said it would cost $1000 to put a new one in.
B: It was, but that ran out a couple of months ago.
- A: Is it true that the Roman, Arabic, and Hebrew alphabets are all related?
B: It is. Scholars believe they are all descended from ancient Egyptian writing, like that from Wadi el-hol.
B: That's right. They helped to spread its use, and the Greeks copied it from them, and so on.
- A: Is anything wrong?
B: My mother was having trouble breathing last night and had to be rushed to hospital.
B: She seems to be, but nothing like this has ever happened before.
- A: I'm going crazy with all the things I have to do!
B: Do you need any help?
B: You didn't have to be that rude about it.
- A: ______________
B: How is that?
A: Well, the word "Sahara" comes from the Arabic word “sahra”, which simply means "desert".
B: I learn something new from you every day.